McIntyre Report Political Talk Show

Help us help defend free speech and save democracy from the World Economic Forum planned Totalitarian Great Reset. and help us expose the Covid Fraudsters

The Vladimir Putin Interview

Recent News

The next 3 minutes will transform your life forever.

Get our free News Emails on latest articles, alerts and solutions for both legal templates and ways to help fight back against the Globalists vax Mandates , and health resources to boost your immune system and ways to Protect from deadly EMF 5G radiation and more.

FREE E-BOOKS AND REPORTS ALSO

Australian National Review - News with a Difference!

Sydney Swans Players Under Investigation Over Alleged Sexual Assault

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Email

A general view outside Swans HQ after Sydney Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich spoke to the media in Sydney, Australia, on Aug. 17, 2026. Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

Several Sydney Swans players are being investigated over an alleged sexual assault in Melbourne.

Victoria Police on Aug. 17 said they were investigating a report of sexual assault, as Sydney Swans confirmed several players were involved in an “alleged incident.”

Police attended the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne on Aug. 17 after an incident in the early hours of that morning.

The Swans stayed at the hotel on the night of Aug. 16 after their 36-point win over Essendon at the MCG that locked in second place on the ladder and a home qualifying final.

On the afternoon of Aug. 17, Swans chief executive Matthew Pavlich addressed the media in Sydney and again confirmed players had been involved in an “alleged incident,” but didn’t offer further details.

“We can confirm that several players were involved in an alleged incident last night in Melbourne,” Pavlich said.

“We’ve identified this to the AFL that we are working with them and also the relevant authorities on this matter.

“We’re still piecing together exactly what’s transpired here and have our own set of internal inquiries ongoing.

“But safe to say that we’re extremely shocked and disappointed that this has taken place and that the players have found themselves in this situation.

“We understand the level of interest in the matter and there’d be lots of speculation but given it’s a police matter right now, that is all that we can say.”

Pavlich was then asked whether anyone was actually arrested.

“As I said, it’s a police matter ongoing. I’m not going to comment any further on it right now,” he said.

Police had earlier confirmed they were investigating a report of sexual assault.

“Police are investigating a report of a sexual assault in East Melbourne on Aug. 17,” Victoria Police said in a statement provided to AAP.

“The incident occurred at a hotel on Wellington Parade in the early hours of the morning.

“The exact circumstances are yet to be established and the investigation into the incident remains ongoing.”

AAP has contacted the AFL for comment.

1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028

By Anna Harrington and Darren Walton in Melbourne

We had a problem loading this article. Please enable javascript or use a different browser. If the issue persists, please visit our help center.

Source link

Original Source

Related News

Let’s not lose touch…Your Government and Big Tech are actively trying to censor the information reported by The ANR to serve their own needs. Subscribe now to make sure you receive the latest uncensored news in your inbox…

Join our censor free social media platform for Independent thinkers

URGENT: JUST 3 DAYS REMAIN TO HELP SAVE INDEPENDENT MEDIA & ANR, SO LET'S CUT THE BS & GET TO THE POINT - WE WILL BE FORCED TO LAY OFF STAFF & REDUCE OPERATIONS UNLESS WE ARE FULLY FUNDED WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS

Sadly, less than 0.5% of readers currently donate or subscribe to us But YOU can easily change that. Imagine the impact we'd make if 3 in 10 readers supported us today. To start with we’d remove this annoying banner as we could fight for a full year...

Enter Details for free ANR news