Trump’s MAGA Allies Mock Harry and Meghan as Report Suggests President Played a Part in Couple’s Decision to Leave US
By WILKO MARTÍNEZ-CACHERO, US REPORTER
MAGA allies of Donald Trump have taken aim at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle over the couple’s bombshell decision to return to the UK amid claims it was partly motivated by their dislike of the American president.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed on Wednesday that they are moving back to Britain this month, six years after arriving in the US.
The shock decision was leaked to a number of outlets, including one that explicitly linked it to tensions between the couple and Trump.
It is understood that Harry and Meghan will be returning for an ‘extended period’ as Archie and Lilibet are enrolled at a British school.
Katie Miller, the wife of White House deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller, commented on the news on X, writing: ‘They are moving back to Britain because they don’t like President Trump.’
She linked to a report from People Magazine that noted how the couple ‘have made no secret of their disillusionment with the current White House’ ahead of the midterm elections.
In other posts, Miller said that Meghan ‘always just wanted to be a celebrity’ and claimed that the couple was ‘broke.’
Conservative personality Megyn Kelly also responded to Harry and Meghan’s pending move back to the UK.
‘We’ve done our time here in America my dear friend!’ she wrote on X, replying to right-wing commentator Dan Wootton’s post about the so-called ‘Megxit’ being ‘reversed.’

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, pictured in April, are said to be moving back to the United Kingdom this month, six years after leaving for the US

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, pictured in February, are understood to be returning for an ‘extended period’ as Archie and Lilibet are enrolled at a British school

Maga allies of Donald Trump have reacted to the news and suggested the couple is leaving the US because of the president

Katie Miller, wife of White House deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller, was among the MAGA group who reacted: ‘They are moving back to Britain because they don’t like President Trump’


Tension between Trump and the Duke and Duchess have simmered to the surface in the past, such as when Harry rebuked the President after he said NATO allies had ‘stayed a little back’ during the war in Afghanistan.
Trump had also questioned if NATO would be there if the US ‘ever needed them’ as part of his comments.
In a rebuke, Harry, who is an Afghanistan veteran, noted that ‘every allied nation was obliged to stand with the United States … in pursuit of our shared security.’
Pointing to NATO’s Article 5, he said: ‘Allies answered that call.’
Harry’s statement continued: ‘I served there. I made lifelong friends there. And I lost friends there.’
Another possible motive for the couple’s decision to leave their home in Montecito, California, is that Harry reportedly believes that Meghan is increasingly appreciated by the British public, according to People Magazine.
Harry was encouraged by the interest in his wife while on a recent visit to Birmingham, the outlet reported.
Upon returning, Harry and Meghan will move into a non-royal residence and will not be working royals.
King Charles was only informed by his son on Sunday that he plans to move back to the UK later this month.
It is understood that while he ‘welcomes’ the chance to see Harry and his family in a private and personal capacity, the King is clear that there will be ‘no alteration’ to the Duke and Duchess’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family in keeping with their ‘clearly expressed wishes and agreement over past years’.
Sources insist, however, it is not in the Sussexes’ ‘plan’ to return to the royal fold. The Mail also understands that no mention of the family’s return was raised or discussed when Harry, Meghan and their children met with the King at Highgrove earlier this summer.
This suggests that Charles may have been blindsided by their latest announcement.
Harry was already scheduled to visit Britain to attend a WellChild Awards bash next month and was set to stay in a room at Buckingham Palace.
But the Duke, 41, and Duchess, 45, no longer require accommodation for their patronages with the whole family believed to be returning for an extended period within the next two weeks.
Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, have already enrolled at a school – and the family are reportedly planning on staying until the children finish education.

Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, are thought to have already enrolled in a British school (the family are pictured in December 2025)

King Charles is understood to have found out about his son’s impending move back to Britain on Sunday (the pair are seen together in 2022)
It is not yet known, however, whether the move will be a permanent one. The location of Harry and Meghan’s new home has not been revealed for privacy reasons.
The couple are set to retain their £11million home in Montecito, California, where they have lived since moving across the Atlantic Ocean. They also still own a residence in Portugal.
The surprise news comes six years after the couple left Britons in disbelief when they stepped down as working royals.
In a statement released at the time, following a 12-month review, Elizabeth II confirmed that they would not ‘continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.’
The former monarch added that Harry and Meghan would not be maintaining a ‘half-in, half-out’ approach to their duties. Harry was later stripped of his honorary military titles.
It came after the pair, who wed in 2018, announced their decision to leave without consulting Charles, Camilla or Prince William – in a move which sparked fierce criticism.
It was claimed earlier this year that Palace staff had given Meghan the nickname ‘Duchess Difficult’ during her time living in Britain.
The American was accused of bullying staff and, on certain occasions, even making staff cry.
The Duchess of Sussex’s staff were left ‘in a psychologically delicate state’ and ‘viewed her capacity for revenge as infinite,’ an expert has alleged.
Meghan, however, vehemently denied the allegations. She described the release of such accusations as an orchestrated smear campaign against her.
Veteran royal correspondent Valentine Low broke the bullying story in May 2021, just before Harry and Meghan were to appear on screen with Oprah Winfrey to discuss Megxit.
He said: ‘There had been one or two stories which suggested there were difficult relations between Meghan and her staff. We’d seen them and the phrase ‘Duchess Difficult’ had been used.
‘We knew Meghan was angry about those stories. We knew she challenged that narrative.’
He claimed that some of the royal staff who had worked with the Sussexes were still in a ‘very fragile state’ more than two years later, and despite the royal couple having emigrated 5,000 miles away to the US.
‘They were very worried about what Meghan would do to them. They viewed her capacity for revenge as infinite,’ Mr Low said.
‘They’d left the employ of the Royal Family and they still were in a psychologically delicate state as a result of what happened to them at that time.’

It is not yet known where Harry and Meghan will be living when they move later this month (The Duke and Duchess are seen with Princess Kate Middleton and Prince William in 2022)
The couple famously appeared in public together for the first time at the Toronto Invictus Games in 2017, pictured hand-in-hand at a wheelchair tennis event.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex later moved to Vancouver Island in 2020 after quitting the royal family in what became known as ‘Megxit.’
Since he quit life as a working royal, Harry’s relationship with both his father and brother, Prince William, the future monarch, is believed to have become strained.
The siblings are not thought to have spoken for years, with William and Kate Middleton understood to have been ‘deeply hurt’ by allegations made in Harry’s memoir, Spare.
It was thought that the brothers promised to put aside their differences in honour of their late mother Princess Diana but, according to royal author Phil Dampier, that promise is broken.
Mr Dampier told the Daily Mail: ‘William and Harry put aside their differences for the unveiling of the statue of their mother Princess Diana [five years ago], but things are much worse now.
‘I think William would find it very hard to meet Harry, even to honour Diana’s memory. Next year marks the 30th anniversary of her death, so that would be an obvious time for them to try and heal their rift and at least be seen together, but I don’t think William’s heart is in it.
‘Friends tell me that, as far as he is concerned, Harry is the past, and he is only concerned about the future for his wife Catherine and their children George, Charlotte and Louis.
‘He will never forgive Harry, in my opinion, not just for leaving the Royal Family, but for the dirt he dished out in his book Spare, the Netflix show and the Oprah Winfrey interview.
‘It led to Catherine being smeared as a racist, and he will never forget that.’

William, Charles and Harry are pictured at the procession for the Lying-in-State of Queen Elizabeth in 2022

Sources, however, suggest that King Charles ‘welcomes’ the opportunity to see more of his family (Harry, Meghan, Charles and Camilla are seen together in 2022)
Harry is reported to have long missed living in the UK – and it has even been speculated that he has been ‘desperate’ for Archie and Lilibet to experience life where he grew up.
With the Invictus Games set to be held in Birmingham next summer, Harry hopes that the King will join him to open the games. It is, nevertheless, currently unknown whether that will materialise.
Harry and Charles enjoyed a private reunion with Harry, Meghan and their children last month – four years after the monarch last saw Lilibet and Archie.
The Duke and Duchess were welcomed by Charles and Camilla to the King’s private residence, Highgrove House in Gloucestershire, in a move which marked a step towards healing Harry’s relationship with his father.
Charles, as well as Camilla, had also been subject to criticism from the 41-year-old in his 2023 memoir – but Harry visited the King a year later amid news of his cancer diagnosis was released.
Prior to tonight’s revelation, the Sussexes had already set about rebuilding a base in Europe, having bought a property in Portugal at the plush Costa Terra resort in Melides in 2023.
The couple and their children holidayed at the resort only a month ago as Meghan shared snaps of pristine beaches, swimming pools and restaurants to her Instagram.






